||[20 Nov 2009|11:38pm]
So as I was remembering things from my past I remembered this site and my Xanga account. I really have no idea how many of you there are left on here but either way I'll leave a post. I'm now in my fourth year of university. I'm finishing a double major in Criminology and Psychology. I plan on coming back next year as a part-time student. I'm going into Corrections and will be getting some experience here. Krystle and I decided to start dating and it'll be two years on January 28th. We plan on getting a place together next year. I am beyond excited for what our future holds. I recently bought a car, a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. I was working at Boston Pizza but it really sucked. Ironically I'm working at the movie theatre here in Fredericton as a supervisor. This past year has been difficult though. My sister Jillian was diagnosed with Diabetes, my grandmother with a heart condition, my grandfather with Alzheimer's, and my mother with Parkinson's. I started a new charity fundraiser known as P.H.A.D. You can find it on Facebook. It didn't hep the situation that Krystle's mom passed away a month ago. No matter what though we vow to come out of this stronger than ever.
If there are any of yo left out there, feel free to leave comments.
||[27 Jan 2008|03:39pm]
So Krystle and I have been talking a lot lately. The more we converse the more I find my crush growing. Last night we talked for two hours about basically nothing; it was great! Not once was there awkwardness. So tomorrow afternoon her and I are going skating then Wednesday night going to a pub to watch my friends compete in the Battle of the Bands. I'm like a little kid right now but I guess in a way that's a good thing. :)
|Need some advice here
||[23 Jan 2008|12:43am]
Alright so i'm kind of in a rough spot right now and need some advice. Recently I started talking to this girl; her name is Krystle. We've chatted on msn on regular basis and have plans to hang out in the near future. As we talked I came to the realization that i'm very attracted to her. I mean we have a lot in common, we were brought up in the same fashion, and she's really cute. There's only one problem. In my residence i'm a proctor which is like a residence supervisor; Krystle lives on the third floor of my residence. Although it's not illegal, it is looked down upon. Should I even tell Krystle that I like her? If she feels the same should we try a discreet relationship? I'm just confused as to what to do. I mean I don't know if she's even interested but if she is it'd be awesome. Anyways share any ideas.
|Time passes by
||[17 Jan 2008|02:26pm]
Well now it's been along time since i've posted here. Thanks to Anna she reminded me that I still have an account. I figured now was just a good a time as any to put in an entry. There is a ton that has happened lately. I'm still at STU and in my second year. At the moment our faculty are on strike/have been locked out. We've been out of class now for almost a full month. It's really frustrating not knowing what's going on with any of this.
Jenn and I ended a lengthy relationship back in October and it was harder than I expected. It came out of nowhere and I think the worst thing was that it was through a text message. I really hate mixed signals and that seems all i've been getting from her since we broke up. I tried a new relationship but it didn't last long, it just felt weird. I'm kind of in a weird spot right now. I just recently turned 20 and I realize that i'm not looking to get married, at the same time i'm looking for a serious relationship, one without the "high school" aspects. I guess i'll listen to Cat and remember "true love waits"
Well other than that i'm done, but there will be more entries.
||[25 Jun 2007|04:11pm]
Well it's been a really long time since i've put anything in here. Nothing too exciting has happened although alot has gone on.
I finished off my first year of university back in April. I came out with a good GPA that I was pretty happy with. I'll be a proctor next year which both excites me and scares me at the same time. It'll be a challenge on both ends but knowing me i'll give it a go. I'm back working at the theatre as a supervisor. I usually push 40-50 hours a week which is death but atleast the money is good. I'm saving for both an education and a decent car. For the past 9+ months i've been in a relkationship with an amazing girl, by now i'm sure you all know who she is. I can really truely say that i'm happy, I couldn't ask for anyone better.
July is going to be a very busy month. The first weekend i'm off to Pictou to visit some friends, celebrate the annual lobster festival and of course drink in the streets. The weekend after that there's a wedding. The only reason we're going is because there haven't been that many family weddings lately. Since i'm on the topic of marriage my sisters boyfriend landed a job in Norway. He's on the ocean for 5 weeks then home for 5 weeks. He'll be making $65,000 a year starting and moving up so he plans on getting her ring and doing the whole purposal thing very shortly.
In the last weekend of July i'll be playing in the Don Yorke memorial ball tournament. It's a huge thing in our area and obviously i'm excited for that.
Other than that i've been working too much to have a "real" summer but the one I have seems to suit me just fine.
|I'm still here
||[23 Mar 2007|12:29pm]
Well now it's been quite awhile since I last updated. These past couple weeks have been hell. I've finished off three papers with two more left to go. I almost cried after I finished my Poli Sci paper, it took me a week to make my thesis then three days to write the damn thing. In other news I was assigned a residence for proctor. I'll be in Harrington next year. I was kinda upset that I won't be in Forest Hill but I really love my house team. Four of us are from Rigby, one is from Chatham and the RC is awesome anyways. I'm excited to start though, it's going to be nice being able to sleep in and having all my buildings right there. I started looking at courses for next year too. If I do get everything I want this will be my schedule:
~Intro to Psych 1023
~History of Disease 2503
~Natural Disasters OR Magic, Religion, and Science 2503
~Intro to Physical Anthro 1023
~Intro to Qualitative Research Methods in Crim 2103
~Dangerous Offenders 2663
~Historical Reactions to Crime 2253
~Intro to Quantitative Research Methods 2113
~Abnormal Psychology 2643
~Intro to Human Rights 2003
Like I said this is just a purposal. I don't see myself getting all of these but hey it's worth a shot. Other than this i'm slowly but surely survving these last few weeks.
||[19 Feb 2007|09:43am]
Well it's been awhile since i've updated so mid as well put one in. This past weekend was the winter carnival/Forest Hill Cup. Basically it's Rigby vs Chatham in a bunch of competitions. Friday night was Forest Hill Idol; there was a spoof and an actual talent competition. I figured moose calling wasn't a credible talent so I joined some of the guys in the spoof. We got a whole bunch of women's clothing, threw it on, and danced to Don't Cha by the Pussy Cat Dolls. Even though we strutted all over the floor and grinded both microphone poles and audience members we still didn't win. Saturday we woke up at 11:30 and did pennies in the snow(it is what it sounds like). Next up was snow sculptures. Matt, Caitlyn, Megan, and I made a Penguin. Complete with a Rigby t-shirt, feet, and beak. Megan had the amazing idea to color him with juice s we made him purple. It was a really good sculpture, we came in second only to the guys who sculpted two people having sex. They sculpted this on the hood of one of the guys' car. The third event was a chant-off and color count. We won the count but lost the chant. Next was trivia. It was close cause we won 28-27. I think we took it because of a Lucky Charms controversy :p
Finally was the musical chairs scavenger hunt. We blew Chatham out of the water and took the cup for a second straight year. And of course we drank out of it. Anyways the weekend was really fun. Thursday i'm coming to Moncton to help out with the CIG. I really encourage people to come out, it's gonna be a good one.
|"Hey hey, ho ho, high tuition's gotta go"
||[07 Feb 2007|06:56pm]
So today was a student day of action. University students all throughout the maritimes hit the streets to protest against the high tuition fees. In Freddy STU, UNB, and a couple FHS students all met in front of the SUB where signs and pins were passed out. From there we marched up the hill, through George Martin Hall, and straight into the office of our university president. There we demanded 10% off tuition and filling out coupons. From there we marched back down the hill, through the South cafeteria in UNB, and into the UNB president's office doing the same. After leaving there we headed down to the legislature. When we reached the building we kicked down a barrier but officials had locked the door. We pounded on the door yelling for the minister of education. A man came out and tried to keep us away but we stood our ground screaming "you work for us". Not long after we heard police sirens. Yup cars and paddy wagons showed up and started circling. We started to head out but we did end up getting to talk to the MLA from Tantramar. He's apart of the opposition so I guess it's better than nothing.
Apparently the house will be sitting again in March which means that there's a very real possibility that we'll be doing this again.
Our chants included:
Hey hey, ho ho, high tuition has got to go
*while in UNB* We go to STU but we support you
Students rights under attack, what we do, stand up fight back
Ain't no power like the power of the people, cause the power of the people don't stop
Education isn't for profit, you raise tuition we say stop it.
|It's not a game, it's a sport
||[22 Jan 2007|11:54am]
Well this weekend was an interesting one. When you live in a residence there is a rule that must be followed, this being that there are no drinking games. Well on Friday night Evans and I decided to hold the first ever "Jack-Off". We decided this would be a sport and not a game. Now we set up the table and put a bunch of chairs around with shot glasses. Jack Daniels was then placed in the center. Before we started I looked out the window and saw a guy walking follwed by another (this was strange because there was a big snowstorm outside)Not long after there was a knock at our door. Evans opened it and there were two kids standing outside asking to come in. They did and asked us what we were studying. We looked at them and responded with "alcohol". We asked them where they were from and here was the conversation. We didn't catch their names so in our minds we named one Mogli and the other Waldo.
Mogli:I'm from California
Waldo:I'm from Montreal
Us:So how do you know each other?
Mogli:We're here on an exchange program
Us:Where you staying?
Waldo: By Kelly's cafe, somewhere on E street.
None of us heard of either place and after we told them we had no liquor to sell them they left. We all figured that they were from FHS. Dumb kids. Anyways we started the sport consisting of: myself, Evans, Jennifer, Noise Maker, Justin, Jake, and at point Cowboy.
Now I can't do shots and after one I decided to switch to my blue electricity and a bunch of coolers. The rest of the night i'm told that I went outside and tried to make a snow angel and had devil horns put on me. Because of this I thought I was the devil and told everyone we were in hell, I told them that I made it freeze over but apologized for making it so cold. The rest of the night consisted of me banning and putting spells on people.
Saturday was the typical hang over kind of day.
Sunday was improv. We have shows coming in February; WOOT! After improv I went to the library and signed out books for papers that I really don't want to do.
In conclusion i've decided to enter myself into my own form of detox until I get my work done. I'm not sure how it'll work but we shall see.
|My birthday weekend
||[14 Jan 2007|02:19pm]
Well on Thursday I turned 19. Because it was a Thursday we didn't really celebrate too much. Justin drove us to the liquor store and I picked up some stuff. I guess I could of bought stuff before 19 because I was never carded, nor looked twice at. Anyways Thursday night we all split a bottle of champaigne, it was actually pretty good. Me being an idiot though I decided to open it inside Jenn's room. The cork went flying almost breaking her light. Friday night was when we decided to celebrate. Here's what I got:
Blocker and trapper from my parents/Jillian
The rest are from the gang:
Fuzzy pink handcuffs
Pink leg garder with a "sexy" sticker
A shot glass on beads
A birthday sticker
A big blue jug for liquor
Blue koolaid mix
Bottle of Mint Chocolate Baileys.
That night I went over to Kate's room and drank. I had blue electricity (vodka in blue koolaid), apple slut (green sour puss, lemon gin, 7-up), something in Dr. Pepper, and I think that was it.
Justin and I stepped outside for a bit for a "nature walk". The next morning through stories and pictures I was able to somewhat compose my night. Now I don't drink heavily often but where it was my birthday there was an exception. Here goes:
While in Kates room I was sitting there eating popcorn from my shot glass while chugging back the koolaid. Kate stepped on the bed and with one hand I put it on the back of her leg and said "i'll hold you up". Afterwards Justin, Jenn, Steph, and myself walked over to Rigby. I could hardly stand and they were suprised I didn't roll my ankles. While at Rigby I saw Keith and started to hug him. We went to the curb where I put my hand over my mouth and face, the reasoning for this was that it helped me breath. Evans (my roomate) was outside and I stumbled towards him where he showed me to Steph, kristen, and Murdoch. He brought me back and put me against the wall. I heard a helicopter and they told me to catch it. Putting a beer can in my hand I had a goofy smile on my face as the task was accomplished. It was then put into my arm band so it wouldn't escape. Some beer was left in it and it started to leak, they told me it was leaking fuel. I tried blowing it off my arm and then terrorists tried to get me so I threw the plane at them and killed them. I then turned my attention to the hockey nets. After bringing me back to Kates room I layed on the floor drinking straight red koolaid. I stumbled back to my room, layed on my bed, and I was done. Luckily my friends were there so I didn't do anything too stupid but it was definetly my best birthday ever.
|Needed a time filler; In other news: I'm 19!
||[11 Jan 2007|03:49pm]
105 Facts About You
1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT Ring? No
2. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP? Over a year.
3. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED? My homemade sex book from Steph. It’s a VERY funny book.
4. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE? Yes
5. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? Before the break. I’m starting again next week.
6. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON? University
7. LAST FOOD YOU ATE? Beef and cheese steak sandwich from the café.
8. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? Eyes and smile.
9. ONE FAVORITE SONG? Here without you- 3 Doors Down.
10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? Fredericton/Moncton/Parrsboro
11. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED: BMHS
12. CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER: Aliant
13. FAVORITE MALL STORE: Wal-Mart
14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD: Famous Players/Empire Theatres, close to three years.
15. DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE? I’m not sure
16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?: Yup, using the speech ability on the computer
17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED: My cousin Glens
18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY: Jenn
19. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND: Last night.
20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT: McDonalds, although I feel bad afterwards
21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD: A guy once told me he made it to Canadian Idol.
23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS? Café!
24. CAN YOU COOK? I sure can
25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?: My parents van
26. BEST KISSER: Jenn
27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?: Awhile ago
28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS: Most vegetables
29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: My beard? I have no idea
30. THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: Not sure
32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?: I think it was 16 hours? With the shift then construction
33. FAVORITE MOVIE? Remember the Titans
34. CAN YOU SING? I like to tell myself I can
35. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED? Alexisonfire
37. LAST MOVIE RENTED: Stealing Harvard
38.ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT: Meal card and keys
39. FAVORITE PLACE: Cafe
43. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?: I have a desktop
44. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?: Mitch Hedberg
45. DO YOU SMOKE? Quit
46. SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES? I sleep in boxers
47. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?: Evans, he’s on the other side of the room, in his own bed :p
48. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?: They must
49. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE? None
50. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST? French toast
51. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?: Depends
52 HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? Scrambled
53. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?: A bit
54. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?: Greco people
55. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?: Not sure
56. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?: It was over x-mas break from Jenn
58. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?: I have 4 on my bed, I sleep with 2
59. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?: Football hoody and jeans
60. PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC: "I’m here without you baby, but you’re still on my lonely mind. I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time”
61. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?: Strawberry
62. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?: Yes
63. CAN YOU SWIM? No
64. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?: Heavenly Hash
65. DO YOU LIKE MAPS? Kinda
66. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I know how to do a Moose call
68. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?: Yup
69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Winter
70. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID? Last night. When Steph gave me the sex book.
71. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ? 7:26
72. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?: Snow, everything is calm and peaceful, snow forts.
73. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?: Never
75. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?: Abby
76. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?: They’re fucking cool!
77. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?? Well Friday we’re drinking, Saturday I might go to the bar, Sunday I’m watching a movie with my Religious Studies group for a project.
78. BIRTHDATE? Today, January 11
79. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE: Criminal psychologist
85. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?: No
87. ARE YOU SMILING?: Not now
89. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW? Yup
90. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Ireland, Germany, Scotland, New Zealand
92. ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL?: No
93. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?: Well it used to be a crush
94. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME? Cooper
95. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT AND WHAT IS IT LIKE?: Red and blue shorts
96. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?: Classes began in September
97. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH?: Yes
98. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE? Nope :(
99. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER? Yup
100. ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?: Well I’m on the second floor so I guess yes?
102. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL? First of all where’s 101? Second: yes, plenty of times.
103. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW? Yup
104. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?: Grad ring, watch, necklace with football ring.
105. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY? Shower, eat, go to the mall/liquor store
|I'm back to finish what I started.
||[06 Jan 2007|10:36pm]
Well my Christmas break went pretty well. For the first bit of it I didn't really do much other than walk the dog. The second part I ended up working at the theatre thanks to Jenn. It was pretty crazy while I was there but I really enjoyed getting some time in and seeing everyone. I got alot of stuff for christmas including:
Texas hoody and toque from Jenn
Two hats and a t-shirt from Jenns parents.
I did well in my marks. There are a couple courses that i'd like to bring my mark up in so that's going to be my focus for the second half of the term. I also started Law, Power, and Global Politics and I really think i'm going to enjoy it. The prof is hilarious which always helps. Other than that there's not really all that much going on, other than the fact that i've realized that with all our breaks added up we only have 3 months of school left! I'm 19 in 5 days so i'm definetly excited for that too.
||[26 Dec 2006|10:17pm]
So in my travels I came across a new religion. Get ready for this one. The group are the Pastafarians and they worship at the Church of thed Flying Spaghetti Monster. I kid you not. It all started out when a school in Kansas City was planning on teaching the theory of Intelligent Design. The Pastafarians believed that if that theory was to be taught so should theres. I have added the link to their webpage which includes: the letter to the school board, evidence, archives, and pictures. Have fun kids!
|If someone sings "sleep in heavenly peace" is that code for "go die"?
||[22 Dec 2006|05:56pm]
Well under the advice of many people I have come to the conclusion of making an actual post instead of just quizzes. This past week has been considered the "Christmas week" and busy it has been. My week basically consisted of Christmas shopping, jogging with my dog, and going to the theatre. Last night I watched Unacompanied Minors and I must say...it sucked. The main cast consisted of: a stoner kid, rich bitch, badass divorcee child, fat clown like child, and a black jewish boy. Yeah not the greatest idea for a movie. Tonight i'm going to the movies with Jenn then we're exchanging gifts. I have to get up early tomorrow to go to Nova Scotia. It's this tradition we have where we spend every Christmas down home. The only thing with this year is that we need to come home christmas night as dad and Jillian both work Boxing day. Speaking of jobs I made my pitch to my manager about working at the theatre on my break and again in April. He said he'd think about it but I think I have a good chance. If I don't get it I also have good chances at HMV and Stats Canada. Either way i'll be working my ass off when i'm finished school.
In conclusion I was just wondering if any of you have observed this phenomenom. This is Christmas time which has been known as "the most wonderful time of the year" because everyone is cheerful and such. However around this time people get stressed, drive crazy, and become angry in the infamous packed shopping mall.
Well there you go. Merry Christmas and a happy 2007.
|12 days of LJ Christmas
||[15 Dec 2006|05:39pm]
On the twelfth day of Christmas, varner
sent to me...
Nine movies biking
Eight tattoos a-reading
Seven girls a-walking
Six outdoors a-drawing
Four stupid things
Three gothic babes
Two heart conditions
...and a lacrosse in a history.
|Two word answer
||[14 Dec 2006|10:03pm]
1. Explain what ended your last relationship?
2. When was the last time you shaved?
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
5. Are you any good at math?
6. Your prom night?
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
10. Last thing received in the mail?
11. How many different beverages have you had today?
12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machine?
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
15. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
16. What is out your back door?
17. Any plans for Friday night?
18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
21. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
22. Some things you are excited about?
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
24. Describe your keychain(s)?
25. Where do you keep your change?
26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
27. What kind of winter coat do you own?
28. What was the weather like on your graduation day?
29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
||[14 Dec 2006|07:16pm]
1. Who are you?
2. Are we friends?
3. When and how did we meet?
4. Do you have a crush on me?
5. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
6. Describe me in one word.
7. What was your first impression?
8. Do you still think that way about me now?
9. What reminds you of me?
10. If you could give me anything what would it be?
11. How well do you know me?
12. When's the last time you saw me?
13. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
14. Are you going to post this in your notes and see what I say about you?
|Taken from Chiara
||[14 Dec 2006|01:02am]
1. YOUR PORN STAR NAME : ( pet and current street name)
--> Abby Arnold
2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME : (grandfather/grandmother on your dad's
side, your favourite candy)
--> Roy Snickers
3. YOUR "FLY GIRL/GUY" NAME : (first initial of first name, first
two or three letters of your middle name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME : (favorite color, favorite animal)
--> Green Wolf
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME : (middle name, city where you were born)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME : (the first 3 letters of your last name,
first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom's maiden
name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in.)
7. Terrorist Name : (first name spelled backwards, your mom's
maiden name spelled backwards)
--> ymerej Retniw
8. SUPERHERO NAME : ("The", your favorite color, favorite drink)
--> The Green Screwdriver